3ºEM-ST2-VOL 2

CAREER: Choosing a profession - part II

Resultado de imagem para universidades brasileiras


Atividade 1
Objetivo: apresentar o tema a partir do conhecimento de mundo dos alunos.

Você já visitou uma Universidade? Qual?



1. Discuss in groups of three.

a) Have you ever been to a university? If so, which one? How did you like it?

b) What program would you like to take? Why?

c) Look at the following list and check which criteria you would use to choose the program and the university to attend.
( ) location/distance from home.
( ) public vs. private.
( ) costs and financial assistance packages.
( ) campus resources (labs, libraries, computer access, etc.).
( ) internship programs.
( ) Brazilian Education Ministry evaluation.
( ) class size.
( ) quality/reputation/ranking.
( ) safety (campus, community).
( ) social life (sports, parties, etc.).
( ) religious affiliation.
( ) housing options (dorms, apartments).
( ) on-line courses.


d) In your point of view, how important is it to have a college education in Brazil nowadays?

Atividade 2
Objetivo: identificar de onde o texto foi retirado e seu assunto.

Observem no texto a seguir, o título, subtítulos e organização das páginas antes de responderem à questão.

  • Que tipo de texto é esse?
  • Qual é seu assunto e objetivo?
2. Have a look at the following text and check where it was taken from. How do you know?
( ) a magazine. ( ) a flyer. ( ) a brochure.

Atividade 3
Objetivos: trabalhar com a organização textual de uma brochura de apresentação de cursos universitários (índice e carta de boas-vindas) e localizar informações específicas no texto a
partir de leitura detalhada (detailed reading).

3. Read the text in Activity 2 and answer the questions.

a) What is the objective of the Table of contents?
b) What is the objective of the Welcome letter?

c) What kind of relevant information does the Welcome letter bring?


Resultado de imagem para notaNa maioria das universidades, principalmente nas estadunidenses, usa-se graduate program para cursos de especialização e pós-graduação e undergraduate programs para cursos de graduação. Quando o aluno se forma na graduação, dizemos que ele graduated in... Há universidades em diferentes lugares, contudo, que podem se referir aos cursos de graduação e pós-graduação de modos diferentes. Vale a pena pesquisar sobre isso. Uma sugestão para entender os sistemas de educação estadunidense e britânico é o site a seguir:<http://www.universia.com.br/materia/
materia.jsp?materia=1774>. Acesso em: 12
nov. 2013.

Atividade 4
Objetivo: reconhecer o uso de orações condicionais (tipo 1).
Resultado de imagem para orações condicionais tipo 1
Conditional sentences

De acordo com a língua portuguesa as orações condicionais estão diretamente ligadas ao subjuntivo, representado pela partícula “se”. 
Em inglês geralmente é representada pela conjunção “IF”. É formado com 'if + verbo no presente simples + futuro simples'. É empregado quando uma situação é real ou possível:
"If it rains today, I'll stay at home".
Usamos de orações condicionais (tipo 1) para expressar condições. Veja que o período é dividido em duas partes: 
a) if clause ou oração condicional (a frase que apresenta o if, mostrando a condição),
"If it rains today, (se chover hoje,)

b) main clause ou oração principal (a frase que mostra a consequência). 
I'll stay at home" (vou ficar em casa.)

Atenção para os tempos verbais utilizados: a condição no tempo presente (if) e a consequência no tempo futuro (will). 

Conditional sentences = (If+present + future) are used to talk about future possibilities.

Examples:
Resultado de imagem para viajar

If I get the money, I will travel to the northeast. (I don’t have the money now, but there is a chance I’ll get money. Then I can travel.)
Se eu conseguir o dinheiro, viajarei para o nordeste. (Eu não tenho dinheiro agora, mas há uma chance de conseguir dinheiro. Então eu posso viajar.)

They will miss the class if they don’t hurry. (They are late, but there is a chance that they will arrive in time. They just need to hurry up.)
Resultado de imagem para lateEles vão perder a aula se não se apressarem. (Eles estão atrasados, mas há uma chance de que eles cheguem a tempo. Eles só precisam se apressar.)

Attention! When you begin the sentence with the “if” sentence, use a comma (,).
Compare:
If will be more comfortable if we travel by car.
If we travel by car, it will be more comfortable.

Atenção! Quando você começa a frase com conjunção “se”, use uma vírgula (,).
Compare:
Será mais confortável se viajarmos de carro.
Se viajarmos de carro, será mais confortável.
Atenção! Quando você começa a frase com a frase “se”, use uma vírgula (,).

4. Choose the correct meaning of if in the sentences below.

If I enter the university, I will take the Agribusiness course to help my father in his farm.

If I take Business Administration, I will be able to manage companies.

( ) You use if to express conditions.
( ) You use if to show uncertainty.

Atividade 5
Objetivo: praticar a escrita de orações condicionais (tipo 1).

5. Work in pairs and write some sentences using If I..., I will... referring to your professional future.

a)If I get into university, I will _______ ___ .
b)If I get a job soon, I will _________ ___ _ .
c)__________________________________.
d)__________________________________.
e)__________________________________.

Resultado de imagem para homework
1. Complete the sentences using the words from the box.

graduate      enter       read         invest        choose

a) If you ___________________ more books, your vocabulary will improve a lot.
b) If you ___________________ the right profession, you will feel more motivated to study and work.

c) If you ____________________, you will have new job opportunities.
d) If you ____________________ in your studies now, you will have many benefits in the future.

e) If I _____________________ university, I will take Computer Science.

2. Circle the correct word to complete the sentences.
a) What career suits/suit you best?
b) How much do you knew/know about being a journalist?
c) Should I gone/go to college or look for a job?
d) What are/is your strengths?

e) Have you ever being/been to a university?

3. Read the testimonial and complete it using the words from the box.

designer   experience       knowledge        games            dream
education       grow up        create            Math        computers

Testimonial

I think that everyone has a (a) __________________ of something they would like to be or to do when they (b) _________________. When I was in the 8th grade, my (c) _____________________teacher asked me what I wanted to do when I grew up. I told him my dream was to work with (d)__________________. I have been fascinated by computers since I was very young. When I was four years old my father gave me a toy computer to play (e) __________________ – it was a fantastic(f) _______________! Technology is an essential part of my (g) ____________________. Nowadays I’m a computer games (h) ___________________ and I love what I do. Next year I will take another
course to develop my (i) ____________________ about computers so that I can (j) ______________new games.

4. Read the testimonial again and write (F) for False and (T) for True.

( ) His father gave him a toy computer when he was fourteen.
( ) He is a computer analyst.
( ) When his teacher asked him what he wanted to do, he didn’t know what to answer.
( ) He is a computer games designer, but he doesn’t enjoy it very much.

( ) He will create new games after he takes a course to develop his knowledge.


Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

Eletiva: Quem não se comunica de fora fica!

Exercícios de Vírgula (9° ano)

Projeto de Vida - 8º ano